Download the Application Forms here.
*** APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT ONLY TO JAN PAUP– See contact info below.
The Learning Disabilities Association of Iowa (LDA-IA) will award three scholarships to high school seniors who plan to enroll in post-secondary education (college, vocational, or fifth-year program) in the fall of 2015.
The scholarships are to assist students with learning disabilities (see eligibility requirements on application form) in pursuing a post-secondary education at an accredited institution which provides:
- a two- or four-year college program, or
- vocational training
Number and Amount
Three scholarships valued at $1,000 each will be awarded:
- One Membership-based scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who meets one of the following requirements:
1) Applicant is a current member of LDA
2) Applicant’s parent is a current member of LDA
3) Applicant is recommended in writing by a current member of LDA
- Two At-Large scholarships will be awarded. Preference will be given to applicants who meet any of the membership requirements listed above.
After receiving proof of full-time enrollment, a check for $250 payable to the student will be sent. After receiving proof that the recipient has completed vocational training or the first full-time year of study, the remainder of the scholarship, $750, will be paid to the student.
Scholarship recipients will be selected from applications that have been postmarked no later than March 31, 2015.
Applicant must fully complete and submit five items:
1) Scholarship Application,
3) Publicity Form,
4) an Entire Current IEP, and
5) a Letter of Recommendation from a person (excluding family
members) who can provide personal and academic insight.
To qualify for the Membership-based scholarship through LDA
member recommendation, an additional written statement must be submitted.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Jan Paup, Scholarship Chairperson
443 K. Ave.
Churdan, IA 50050
Phone: (515) 389-3252